It's time to take actionJune 05, 2020
Insomnia Cookies stands with the Black community. We oppose racism and support social justice in our Insomnia community and beyond. The ideas of community, warmth, love and individuality are core to Insomnia Cookies, and more important now than ever.
We've listened to our community and are using that information to guide our actions today and in the future.
Here are some of the actions we’ve taken so far:
• Insomniac days: Beginning immediately, our team of full-time Insomniacs are eligible for two extra paid days to use for activism, mental health, to pursue their passions, or anything else they need.
• Giving to the cause: Charity is deeply rooted at Insomnia. To continue our commitment of supporting causes we believe in, we’ve donated $25,000 to the NAACP. This weekend we will donate another $2 for every 12-pack sold online and in-store (June 6-7, 2020) across all Insomnia Cookies locations.
• Our bakeries: We’ve empowered each store with the ability to donate cookies within their local communities to show support for causes that are important to them.
• Our backyard: As a company that was born in West Philadelphia, we have a commitment to help support and rebuild our birthplace. We are currently working with the 52nd Street Initiative through the Enterprise Center on a plan for Philadelphia area Insomniacs to help support, fund, clean up and heal our backyard.
• We’re continuing to listen: We know it’s important to have an ongoing dialogue to make sure we’re being thoughtful around our actions moving forward. Ongoing, collective feedback will help guide us.
As we shift our focus to meaningful and lasting solutions, we are actively working to support and show solidarity with the Black community. We will continue to listen, and take further actions to share our love and make a lasting impact.
All the love,