COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Statement - Updated April 15, 2020
The health, safety and well-being of our Insomniac team members, guests and the communities we serve is, as always, our top priority. We have been closely tracking the rapidly-changing situation around COVID-19 (commonly known as coronavirus), and monitoring guidance provided by the CDC and local health officials from around the country. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our actions.
- Until further notice, most of our bakeries are open for delivery and pickup only unless local government dictates otherwise.
- As of March 12th, we are now completely cashless on all delivery orders. Insomnia customers will only have the ability to pay with credit, debit, and school payments (where available).
- We also now offer contact free delivery. Customers now have the options to either meet their Insomnia delivery driver at their door, meet the driver outside, or go non-contact and have their delivery left at their door.
- In addition to contact free delivery, we are rolling out curb-side pick-up this week, 4/13, for customers who would like to opt for that form of pick up.
- All stores have been supplied with alcohol-based sanitizer, available for our employees and customers to use, as well as face coverings for our employees.
- We are reinforcing illness prevention procedures (e.g., frequent handwashing, cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, not touching one's face, staying home if sick) with all of our Insomniac team members.
- We are implementing health screenings at the beginning of each shift to ensure only healthy employees are running the in-store shifts.
- We have implemented enhanced protocols for cleaning and sanitizing our stores including installing plexi-glass partitions shortly at each bakery to create a physical barrier between the customer and cashier.
- Insomnia employees have a robust paid sick leave policy. Employees diagnosed with COVID-19 or those who are exhibiting symptoms are told to remain home and will receive paid sick leave.
We are continuously tracking local, state and federal mandates along with the CDC guidelines to make sure we are abiding by government guidance.
March 12, 2020
HEADstrong Partners with Insomnia Cookies
HEADstrong Partners with Insomnia Cookies
The HEADstrong Foundation has teamed up with Insomnia Cookies for their spring campaign, Game Hair Havoc. Last year’s campaign went viral with over 160,000 participants across the country and a reach as far as Ireland.
“Our two organizations really do have a lot in common,” said Tom Carusona, Insomnia Cookies Chief Marketing Officer. “We both have roots in the Philadelphia area and we both have a strong focus on college students across the country, so there was just a natural fit there in terms of a partnership.”
The HEADstrong Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit located right outside Philadelphia dedicated to improving lives affected by cancer.The organization has assisted more than 17,352 families nationwide through financial assistance, housing at Nick's House, comfort kits and holiday meals at the hospital. Insomnia Cookies is also local to the Philadelphia area, as their first storefront was at the University of Pennsylvania. Insomnia Cookies has since grown to over 170 stores nationwide, fulfilling college kids late night cookie cravings across the country, as most locations are open until 3am.
“HEADstrong’s mission of relentlessly improving the quality of life for those affected by cancer is one that we also believe in here at Insomnia Cookies,” said Carusona. “College students are a key audience of both our organizations. This partnership allows us to reach more of those students while also supporting a very important cause.”
Insomnia Cookies and HEADstrong have created a headband that will be sold online and at six selected store front locations. The headbands will retail for $12.00. The headbands will be available for purchase at www.insomniacookies.com/gear or you can pick one up at one of the stores listed below. Please note these will be available while supplies last.
Bryn Mawr, PA
Chapel Hill, NC
Cambridge, MA (Harvard Square)
South Bend, IN
“We are delighted to partner with Insomnia Cookies for Game Hair Havoc. It's the perfect combination, Insomnia Cookies was founded by a college student and the Game Hair Havoc campaign encourages college student athletes to make a difference for those affected by cancer.“ said HEADstrong President Cheryl Colleluori.To learn more about Game Hair Havoc please click here. February 26, 2020